| General Resources | Gender Based Language | Diction | Literary Present Tense |
| Spelling | Tone | Transitions | Word Choice |
Choosing the best words can often be an art. Here are some websites that can help. You'll also find links to websites that can help you conquer your spelling demons.
General Word Choice & Spelling Resources
- Ask a Linguist from the Linguist List at Eastern Michigan University
- World Wide Words Michael Quinion writes on International English from a British Point of View - World Wide Words tries to record at least some part of this shifting wordscape by featuring new words, word histories, the background to words in the news, and the curiosities of native English speech.
- Word Choice from the Writing Center at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- WordNet - a Lexical Database for English from Princeton University
- Wordsmith.org: The Magic of Words - Home of A Word a Day, the Internet Anagram Server, and the Word Server
Avoiding Gender Based Language
Diction: Avoiding Slang, Jargon and Cliche
Literary or Historical Present Tense
Word Choice: Writing Concisely