Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to the APA Citation Toolkit! This has been designed to answer many of your common citation questions. Do you have a question that isn't listed here, but should be? Send me an email at cccolibrarian @ ccconline.org! I'll answer your question privately within 48 hours, and make an addition to this toolkit so others can benefit, too!
If you have an immediate need, be sure to check out these two references:
- Purdue OWL -- the Purdue OWL is commonly accepted as the toolkit for deciphering MLA and APA formatting and style requirements. It's created and updated by the Purdue Online Writing Lab. This is often the fastest, most reliable reference for your citation questions as it's online and available 24/7!
- Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (7th edition) -- This manual is the text authority on all things APA. The 7th edition is the most current, and therefore supersedes any earlier version. This is the most thorough resource available. As this is a book, you may not have access to it right away--but your local library or home college library will definitely have a copy.
If you're also looking for answers to questions about MLA style, please visit the MLA Citation Toolkit!
CCCOnline Library Research Databases
We’ve made accessing the databases easier than ever!
The CCCOnline Library is excited to provide student access to 33 different databases for nearly every academic area! Each research database provides access to scholarly, peer-reviewed journal articles, streaming academic videos, primary sources, images, newspaper articles, and more. Featured databases include the following:
Please note: you must be enrolled in a CCCOnline course to access the CCCOnline Library databases.
- Select a subject or vendor from the filters on the Research Databases webpage.
- Access a database by selecting the Database Login icon, or click on the title for additional information.
- Enter your S# when prompted.
Citation Questions and Answers
Looking for additional research information?
Looking for more research help? Check out the CCCOnline Library Toolkit and Resource LibGuides:
Academic Integrity Toolkit
Academic integrity and honesty have always been important components to being a successful college student. However, today's online world has magnified the importance of acting with integrity and honesty in the college classroom. We offer you helpful information on just what academic integrity is and why it's important as well as information on how to avoid academic dishonesty and the pitfalls of plagiarism.
Looking for APA (American Psychological Association) guides? Look no further than CCCOnline's Toolkit here!
CCCOnline Library Resources
This guide has been created to help you walk through some of the most commonly-asked research and library questions.
Learn the nitty gritty details of citation with our step-by-step tutorial.
Evaluating Sources Toolkit
After you've located your sources, how can you tell which sources should be used in a given research paper or project? Find out in the CCCOnline Librarian's Evaluating Sources Toolkit.
CCCOnline's one-stop for all things Modern Language Association (MLA)
Online Reference Toolkit
From the CCCOnline Library.
Reading Scholarly Articles Toolkit
Discover strategies for reading and unpacking scholarly articles in your research.
On this page, you'll find links to information on how to become more information literate - you'll become familiar with knowing when you need information, how to find that information and what to do with the information once you've found it. Take some time to browse though the tabs above.
Here you'll find links to information on how to focus your topic, organize your paper, figure out the different types of essays, how to write more effective sentences and you'll find some grammar help as well.
Contact the CCCOnline Library